Current signals for Dummy Cell not as expected

• Hi,

I've been getting unexpected values for my tests with Cyclic voltammetry with SPEs. I moved back to a dummy cell to start from a known point but I'm getting strange results. My current appears to have opposite signal and I'm not sure why.

I can't be 100% sure, but as far as I remember, I was getting fine results before having to update it. Re: Python error

Also, it seems to me I'm getting a lot of noise. Here's the image from my test with a dummy cell.

Blue line = input potential
    Orange line = output current

Test result

Is this correct? Any suggestions on how to deal with noise besides filtering?

For the SPE, I'm using the connector sold on iorodeo store, but it's loose. I'm might be having contact issues. Any suggestions on how to solve it?

• Ok, so I've managed to test a different Rodeostat and a different Dummy cell.
    Here are the result:
    Second Test result

Any idea what could be causing such difference?

• Hi, we are currently out of the office but we are back on Monday. We will take a look at your questions and get back to you asap next week.
    Thanks for your patience !

• Hi @Will-Dickson ,

Have you got a chance to look at this? Any ideas on why I'm getting such strange results?

Rodrigo

• @rcbb

Hi Rodrigo,

There is definitely something funny going on in that first result. . I'm not sure what is causing it. I doubt that it was the firmware update. I would start with the usual things - make sure all the connections are OK and that the electrodes are connected correctly. Also, If you want to the send rodeostat back to I could have a look at. Send me an email (will@iorodeo.com) if this is the case.