Connecting Issues using Python

• Awesome. Thank you so much for your input.
    I will try these suggestions and get back to you with answers to your questions.

• Hi again,

I am reconnecting the Rodeostat each time I run my script. I am using a Windows system so the behavior of my system matches the situation you describe.

I have code that to my knowledge closes the connection to the device at the end of the script to prevent such a situation. Thanks for taking the time to help me I appreciate it.

Just for clarity's sake, what exactly is a REPL? I will try running my program from the command line and see if my problem persists.

Thank yo for clarifying that technical difference between serialport-bridge and python REPL/kernel.

I am unsure how to embed pictures in this forum post or I would show my code and exact error messages.

• @aplummer

A REPL is a Read–Eval–Print Loop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read–eval–print_loop

The python interactive shell, ipython, etc. are examples of REPLs.

• Awesome thank for that clarification. I will try that and get back to you.

• I have tried some things on my own but have not been successful. How do I run a python script in the command window? I am not familiar with this method of using the Python Interpreter. If you could give me some commands or instructions to use that would help I think. Thanks.

• I have been able to run Python in the command window and run my code consecutively and it worked fine. I double checked that the REPL feature I was using is the cause of my trouble. Thanks for your help.

• Hello again,

I am having more trouble connecting to my rodeo stat. I want to be able to run a long chronoamperometric test with lots of cycles. I have already looked thoroughly through the examples, cany anyone offer me some assistance?

• @aplummer

I'm happy to try and help. Could you explain in a bit more detail the issue you are having?

• @Will-Dickson Is there any way you could provide me further documentation of the functions in the API reference?

If not, could you provide some explanation for the use of a class in the constant voltage logger example.

Basically, I wrote a python file that contains a function. Outside the function I open a connection to the rodeostat. Then I call the function to perform a chronoamperometric test. It works on the first sweep, but when I try to run the function again the serial connection to the rodeostat fails. I could not figure how to share my code easily or I would.

• I think I have fixed my problem but now I am getting serial exception with error messages that say that my access is denied?