Having trouble with the colorimeter software? A couple of tips...
I just assembled my kit and achieved "first light" on Windows 10. I learned a couple of things that might help others who are just getting started
#1 You don't have to install Pyton, there is an executable
Do not overlook the precompiled binary if you want to get going quickly.
#2 If your Windows exe doesn't seem to be working right check the scaling settings
I fired up the app and the window looked like this, and I couldn't get it to do anything.
I found that the window was mangled because the exe was not handling my 4k display well. I fixed this by turning on the Windows "High DPI Scaling Override."
- Right-click and do Properties on the exe
- Hit the Compatibility tab
- Hit the Change High DPI settings button
- Check High DPI scaling override
- In the menu, select System (Enhanced)
- OK and Apply your way out
Once I did that and restarted, the app looked like this, and I was able to start the Basic program and calibrate with water.
I hope this helps someone!