The colorimeter app v4 is stuck on uM but the values returned look like PPM
I am using the precompiled Windows app, version 4 (v5 crashes). Under Options/Sample Units, the app has selected uM, and you may not select PPM.
However, when you take nitrate measurements, the value returned is reasonable for PPM. As I understand the conversion between uM and PPM for nitrate, the app cannot be returning uM. For example, my API nitrate test kit shows a color that looks about like 20 PPM per the color card, and the colorimeter reports it as 17.5 PPM. The number would be very different in uM.
Can you clarify this? If it is a display issue, cool, I just need to know how to interpret the number I am getting.
I've put a new version (0.6) of the colorimeter software up on the download site here https://bitbucket.org/iorodeo/colorimeter/downloads/colorimeter-v06.exe
This is an upgrade of the software from Python2 to Python3 and from PyQt4 to PyQt5. It was a pretty big upgrade and there could still be some bugs lurking. If you run into any let me know and I will try to deal with them as quickly as possible. However, supporting the Python2/PyQt4 version of the colorimeter software was starting to get to be too difficult so I really needed to upgrade.
I bundled the python software into a single executable using pyinstaller. The final executable came out kind of large (200MB) which results in a bit of a slow application launch. I'll see if I can reduce the size in the future, but I didn't want this to stand in the way of getting you something to work with.